Thursday, May 26, 2005

An Open Letter to Maureen Dowd

Dear Ms. Dowd,

You may have heard of me. Perhaps you have read my weekly religion column in The News Hound. Well, if you haven't (the paper is still growing), let me tell you who I am. I am Maureen Martin, a Catholic. I have taught RCIA, I've been a Cantor, and my husband was in seminary for one year. I have two degrees. Yes, two. So, I know a thing or two about the Catholic Church.

I think it is time for me to confront you woman to woman.

I know you are a big-time columnist and all, but sometimes you get your facts wrong about the Church. People listen to you because you are famous. If you don't know something about the Church, perhaps you should pick up a copy of one of my books or read my blog. You need to be informed. It just makes me so mad that you have a column and a large readership and those of us who are slaving away, sharing the truth are just ignored.

Sometimes when you are a Christian, you have to play tough. I am ready to fight you. I hate you. I hate you! I would like to just grab you by the hair and pull you to the ground. That's how much I love God and the Church.

Stop writing your tripe now!

God bless, Maureen Martin

P.S. I'm not jealous of you!

Striving to be a Higher Being