Friday, May 27, 2005

Open Letter to K-Lo at NRO's Corner

Dear Kathryn Jean,

I'm sure you have seen my blog, catholicnews.org. Probably you and your compatriots over at National Review probably even talk about it. As you know, I've taught RCIA. I used to be a cantor. I am married to a man who was in seminary for a year (It seemed like a lifetime to him, he says.) I possess a lot of religious knowledge. A lot. So, I wanted to pitch an idea to you. I've been publishing this blog for a couple of days now - and I think I am pretty good at it - and I was wondering if you would talk to some of the head honchos and big wigs over at NRO and see if they would hire me as one of the "Corner" people. I could cover things from a religious perspective. With technology the way it is now, I wouldn't even have to relocate. I could do it from my house.

If, for some reason, I am overqualified or there are too many "Corner" people, I plan on writing Andrew Sullivan. I wrote him an email once, and he wrote back. He's over there by himself, so I am sure he would like a correspondent.

Thanks and God bless,
Maureen Martin



Striving to be a Higher Being