Sunday, August 21, 2005

Pitt Supports Prolife Movement, Dates Women Who Adopt

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Could Mia Farrow be next?

SANTA BARBARA -- Although tabloids have put a negative spin on Brad Pitt's divorce from Jennifer Aniston, as well as his subsequent relationship with single mom Angelina Jolie, in reality the actor ended his marriage and started dating his Mr. and Mrs. Smith costar to support the prolife cause.

"Brad is a big believer in adoption, particularly the adoption of children in Third-World nations," said his publist, Gina Fisher. "What better way to put this belief in action than to date Angelina Jolie, a woman who has adopted two children from Third World countries. There were no pre-divorce shenanigans. This relationship is just merely an example of Brad Pitt's commitment to making the world a better place."

Pitt, who will begin filming The Assassination of Jesse James in Canada at the end of this month, said he is relieved the truth is finally out. "What I am doing here is the total opposite of selfish," he said. "I am trying to do some good here, but the tabloids keep reporting the same nasty stories. I mean, can we talk about Africa?"

Pitt said he is open to dating other people in addition to Jolie, particularly those who are into important and high-profile social causes. "I'm not a hands-on kind of activist, and I am pretty busy with my film career, so I prefer to live vicariously through other activists," he said. "I did meet with Nelson Mandela once, though, you know, the African icon."

Pitt pointed out that the tabloids completely ignored the lunch date he had at The Ivy with Golden Girls actress and animal rights activist Betty White last Tuesday. "It was a date and we had a lovely time," said Pitt. "I paid and afterward, I couldn't help feeling I had helped save a dog or cat somewhere. But I guess because I am divorced or because I am a few years younger than Betty the story just wasn't sexy enough."

He said he lamented the fact that U2's frontman Bono was not a woman. "He is doing so much for Africa. I really admire him. I think, with him or rather through him, I could feel like I was doing a lot for Africa." Pitt also said the same of the band, Coldplay, who advocate global fair trade practices. "I don't really understand much about fair trade, never had to. But if I were a woman, I'd date all those guys."

Striving to be a Higher Being